A post workout meal may be the most important meal of the day.
A simple sandwich is a really good way to replenish depleted cells with adequate protein, carbs, and fat. And our roasted turkey with cranberry sauce hits all the marks.
a seasonal staple at yourgoodcarma.com. enjoy the cranberry sauce recipe, stay for the shopping list and the seasonal funny at the end.
Cranberries are super sour but are only 25 calories per 1/2 cup so adding a bit of sweetener is not going to through the calories out of whack.
Plus cranberries provide a healthy dose of vitamin C and fiber to your anytime meal. Use this cranberry sauce with yogurt and granola in the am, enjoy it on a turkey sandwich for lunch, or toss it into the blender with the ingredients of your afternoon smoothie.
- Cranberries - 16 ounces, 1 bag, or 450 grams
- Water - ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup - 3 Tablespoons
- Orange juice - 1-2 Tablespoons
- Ground Cinnamon - ½ teaspoon
1. In a heavy saucepan on medium, cook cranberries in ¼ cup water.
2. Berries will begin to break down and release juices. As berries break apart add 3 T maple syrup.
3. Allow to simmer on low until berries are mostly broken. Keep heat low. Sauce will be runny at this point.
4. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool slightly. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
5. Add 1-2 T orange juice.
6. Add ½ tsp ground cinnamon.
1 Serving is 75 grams or about 1/3 cup
(Recipe makes approx 6 servings)
Calories and Macronutrients/per serving
protein .4 grams
carbohydrates 17.8 grams
fat .1 gram
- We used sourdough bread in this meal suggestion but you can use any bread that you have on hand.
- We have eliminated mammals from our meal suggestions and subsequently dairy as well. But meet this meal where ever you are. Add cheese instead of mayonnaise if you prefer cheese as the fat source instead of mayonnaise.
sourdough bread - 2 slices or 50 grams
sliced turkey - palm size portion or 100 grams
vegan mayonaise - 1 T or 12 grams
cranberry sauce - 1 serving or 75 grams
lettuce - a few leaves or 10 grams
Approx. Calories and Macronutrients/per Sandwich
protein 34 grams
carbohydrates 48 grams
fat 11 grams
Shopping in December
fresh produce of the Season - December
Or Delicata, Acorn
At yourgoodcarma we create balanced meals that are calorie conscious and macronutrient balanced. So that you can create meals at home that satisfy your desire for delicious food and sustain optimum health.