How to Make Garlic Green Beans
Green Beans with Garlic
Use this super simple technique to elevate your weeknight dinners.
Make extra to add to packed lunches or chop and add to your favorite soup.
The first is cooking the green beans in salted water just long enough until they are crisp-tender and the second is tossing the very al dente cooked beans in garlic-seasoned olive oil.
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add 1-2 tsp of salt.
To season the oil:
- Heat a sauté pan and swipe with oil of choice. (Olive oil, sunflower oil)
- Add 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Season oil with garlic by cooking on low to medium heat – do not let garlic and oil burn.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
To cook the beans:
Add beans to boiling water.
Boil for 2-4 minutes depending on tenderness desired. Keep the beans bright green.
Drain beans. Reserve some hot water to heat the serving bowl. (If serving later,immerse the beans in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process & preserve the bright green color.)
Add the beans to the sauté pan and toss with garlic and oil.
Heat 2-3 minutes in the fragrant, flavorful oil.
Season to taste. Serve immediately.
Balanced Meal Suggestion:
Combine your green beans with delicious nutty roasted butternut squash, turkey or vegan meatballs in your choice of broth, and a refreshing side salad for a healthy and hearty meal.
- Garlic Green Beans ~ 115 grams
- Turkey meatballs in broth ~ 100 grams
- Roasted Butternut Squash ~ 150 grams
- Mixed Green Salad ~ 100 grams