How to Make Mineral Rich Broth
Mar 11, 2020
Mineral Rich Vegetable Broth
Drinking mineral-rich vegetable broth will give the body many different organic minerals, especially the big three - sodium, potassium, and calcium.
The precious minerals which the body must have to create essential chemical cascades are also known as electrolyte minerals.
Prep Time: 50 mins (45 mins to simmer broth)
Serves: 12 cups
- 3 quarts of filtered water
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 3 medium to large potatoes, quartered
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1 bunch mixed greens of your choice, such as collards, mustard, kale, or turnip greens
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 - 2 dried shiitake or porcini mushroom caps
- 1 large piece of kelp, kombu or nori seaweed (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot.
- Add clean, filtered water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Adjust lid to slightly ajar after water comes to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- After the broth cools, strain into a few mason jars keeping only the broth.
- Discard the vegetables
Balanced Meal Suggestion:
Drink mineral rich broth warm with a pinch of salt up to 6 times a day to increase your vitamin intake or simply because it's delicious!